Monday, June 30, 2014

First Emails

Wow what a day!  We finally heard back from Josh through email.  He wrote 4 emails to us today.  So a couple of things.  He is FABULOUS as responding to my emails but he literally responds to my email line by line which is sometimes confusing when just reading his email.  Also he does not use capitals or punctuation (thanks autocorrect).  I thought about going through and fixing it up but I really don't want to do that.  So here are the letters from today.

HELLOOOO!!!!! this be Elder Rollins speaking. er typing... so MTC awesome stuff! learning a lot of things! today we get a new investigator and we are starting to teach her! little nervous but that comes in the job description! how was the ride home? fun? did you guys bawl the whole way? i didn't! they dragged me all over the place and i got my tag and a manilla envelope they showed me where my room was and then took me downstairs! where i sat for ten minutes then my companion Elder strickland showed up! he is from Texas which i guess is ok! i am the only one in my district from Utah so its a little weird. Elder Boy has a southern accent he even says Dad Gum. and for the life of me i cannot control my southern accent every time he starts talking to me ( i haven't asked if he dirtied up his purdy little dress yet though). apparently i am HILARIOUS according to the zone im in even though i am the youngest by nearly 10 months.. Oh well. How was church without me? mine was awesome! except we didn't get gym time.:'( ill live. well let me tell you the spirit here is constant. i feel bad for the rest of you! you honestly have to try to not feel it. well i haven't gotten to bed at 10:30 yet. so im a little tired because from 7am to 9:30pm we are constantly doing something. well i am running out of time so i will just say i love you all! Dad laugh at mom for me if she cries when she reads this!  oh and mom sorry but the computers here dont have the SD slot so ill have to find another way to get the pictures to you. hope you have a wonderful lovely spiritual day! oh and Boys be good for mom and dad dont be stupid, go wakeboarding, make somebody smile, know that i love you!! Adios muchachos! God loves you! 

This second letter is in reference to my panic letter of "You have got to stay and grow into a Man of God not just a child of God"  And I told him how his Aunts and Uncles told me to not worry if he is super serious for a while.  


goodness gracious! i aint dead! tell my aunts and uncles that my serious lasted until the second day and the teacher got on his soapbox about being ourselves. i promptly got everyone to laugh until their stomachs hurt. because i whacked my hand on the darn desk! much love! 
Elder Rollins

P.S. I am a man

The third email was in response to my email telling him about Jacob (his cousin) bearing his testimony and Aaron not liking having to find a job. 

Please do not fast. you always get sick. did Jacob cry? Good make him apply for more. Aaron, being the oldest is tough huh? not so fun is it? oh well i know you can do it! smile! Don't worry mom! im not going anywhere! except to play basketball!  my first night i couldn't sleep but ill live! Love you! Byeeeeee

The final email was just random Josh silliness in response to hearing about Dave sleeping in the car and the boys fishing at scout camp.  

tell me something funny i am sick of being the only funny one around here. everyone else is still in their serious faze.. boooring! hows the Fam? parties boring without me? everyone still crying? how was scout camp? info people info! so my language classes are super hard you know! i don't think ill ever learn it. those Elders/Sisters learning cantonese are so lucky.... well they weren't kidding when they said that the MTC would get old kind of fast. cause it has! but i love my zone and love my teachers and love the spirit here! scripture of the day 1 Nephi 2:15 in honor of scout camp. if only it said something about leaving to sleep in a tiny car. but that is as close as i can get. oh and no one is aloud to grow up while i am gone by the way. MTC isn't to good for fishing.....BAHAHAHAHAHA LOLOLOLOLOL cause empty sea!!! oh man i crack myself into pieces. anyway i love it here as said in previous emails. it is super fun! dont forget pictures!! love you!! PEACE
 Elder Rollins

No comments:

Post a Comment