Monday, October 26, 2015

Halla Ween

Well well well

This week was a good one! Mikes baptism was moved again, so that was again disappointing it seems that I am wont to swim in deep waters. And not baptismal waters, ouch, I just burned myself. Oh well! Because Mike WILL get baptized and it doesn't matter what time I want things to happen because no matter how impatient I get, the Lords work is on the Lords time, so I will wait.

Now to my next priority. Utah football, darn.

Ok I'm ok now


So anyway, we had a pretty successful week, we gave a few referrals to the YSA ward, we played basketball with this guy, who's name was Jigs he is from Manila. His name was cool so that's why I told you that part of my week. 

Now I have a super weird story.

So this is a gentlemen telling us about his "Joseph Smith" experience, now at first when he told us that, we were excited, hoping that meant a strong testimony, ok here is the story.  "So, I was in the Forest of San Diego and I went to this place we call Pringles, because of these Rapids that are in the area, and I wandered around and came across this rock, and I realized that it was a rock that Indians used to smash beans on, so I climbed on and prayed, and it was super spiritual........... So yeah" and that was it, Needless to say I was dumbfounded. I guess the Joseph Smith comes in because of the forest and praying, I don't think Joseph Smith knew of this Pringles place or the bean smashing rock. It was a good day.

The job of a missionary is pretty stressful and sometimes it gets released in really strange ways. This week it needed to be released, so the luchador mask came out. And long, long long story short, one Elder fell out of bed for fear of Hawaiian shirted nacho attack and a very loud noise resulted. Causing the neighbors to come banging on the door calling us hyenas. I don't think they have been on a safari. We were for sure gorillas. It was a good night. Ha.

This week was full of weird stuff, we had a tithing ties lesson, where we learned about tithing then about tying ties. Also I think I have discovered the gift of public transit, every time I say, "man I really don't want to miss the bus," it drives past. So I'm learning the gift of silence.

So there has been something on my mind, and that is courage, I got to meet with the youth, and I realized how much courage it really takes to be a good kid in a bad place, we are commanded to stand in holy places, but that will take more courage than ever before, that will take the courage of Moses and Abinadi, of Joseph and Noah, of Joseph and Hyrum, it takes a lot but it is possible, it will take work, but we need it, because it is Satan who wants us to be afraid, so don't be afraid, for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest! So Go and do!


I love every one of you!
Adios!

Elder Rollins



So how was your week?   Greaaaaat
Did the baptism go through?  Nope
How is Saul?   Doing good
Did he go to church?   No he had to go to San Diego, Satan does not want him at church
Whatever happened to James?  Don't know, he fell off the planet
How are you doing?  Feeling lively!
How is your comp?  He's good
When did you feel the Spirit this week? We had a good lesson with Efrain an eternagator, and he started crying, oh yea
When did you serve someone?  We helped move all of this wood to the spot some member needed to do
their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment