Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Happy Fathers Day

Hello everybody!

sorry about the slacking of last week hopefully I make it up this week!  So white washing! pretty hard! Don't know members too well, not too much going on! But hey, this next week will be better, we are starting to get better acquainted with everything so yep, haven't kicked the bucket yet!

Anyway, we had some crazy experiences

Met a guy, named Kingdom. Kingdom Come. Yep. No idea don't ask.  Also had a person we were trying to visit and this is about how the conversation went:

*ding dong*
(hairy arm opens door from couch, suddenly man with crazy eyes stands up)
us: hey is there a Joe here? (by the way, we know that he is Joe)
joe:yea yea he is inside, six month baby.
us:uhhhh ok, so...
joe:yea my name is brian nice to meet you!
us: alright cool nice to meet you.
joe: mmmm, ok ill go find joe, but you might have to come back later,
us: ok thats no problem.
joe: ok, come back later. (without going inside)
us: huh?
joe: yeah he is not here so come back later. *goes inside*
elder Hernandez: what the......
me: no idea...

Story of the week, got to love crazy people!!! they sure do make life interesting! Anyway in honor of the under appreciated holiday of yesterday, I say happy Dads day to all father figures in my life! Gracias! You are appreciated by me!

I was thinking about Dad during church and people kept talking about all of the memories of their dads so naturally so did I, and I decided to share those with you because they are pretty strange!

Memories of pops
ahem.....
the first one is kind of weird, but it was a family home evening on the stairs, and mom was "satan" (not anymore mom!) and dad was pulling us away and saving us from Satan. 

secondly, we have on deck, the time my brother got hit in the head by another brother with a baseball bat, and dad just rolled his eyes and the wailing began and said "oh brother". heh

and another, when we would try to be grumpy and you would do that dumb dance. nuff said.

That time when you could stop laughing because Jonny said "alright fat boy you want some of this!!!"

During a football game, i was running towards the endzone, and I heard you yelling from the side, and i looked over and you were running with me.

yet again, when i did wrestling and you came, and I had a guy pinned and you were practically on the mat yelling at me to pin him.

During basketball when you would call me Johnie mack

When you had a naked sock puppet and made mom cry (HEH high five! 🙌👏)

Star wars movies, car shows (specifically 69 mustang fastback) movies, listening to football games on the radio, making up your own lyrics to songs, bugging mom in general. family wrestling matches. punching me during Sacrament meeting and getting me in trouble. telling me you loved me when you gave me a hug goodbye a year ago, building pinewood derbies, priesthood meeting, biting your tounge, laughing with me, laughing at me. the whole shebang. we always just wanted to make you laugh, i would look at you during funny parts of a movie just to make sure it was cool to laugh. i dont know if you remember but i sure do. or that time when i was asked to go to a movie that wasnt good, and i said no, and mom freaked out and started bawling her eyes out, well i did that because i figured that i always went to movies with my dad anyway so if he wasn't going then meh whatever!

moral of the story is THANKS DAD! i am sure that Heavenly Father knew there was no better dad for me than you! Love you lots!

also love you to all the Grandpas!!!! youre examples did and do more than you will ever ever ever know. thank you from the bottom of my heart.

well everybody! have a faaaantastic week!

Love you all! oh and i think i forgot to mention that i was in the same ward as sister Bell right now.
k bye!

Elder Rollins
Elder Rollins and Sister Bell North Canyon seconders

What is the area like?  Pretty rich, mini Utah is the nickname... 

No comments:

Post a Comment