Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Greenie!

Well, we got a phone call at 6:30 this morning and had a nice but short visit with the very tired and yet excited Elder Rollins.  He told us that he was up late packing and had to be up at 4:30.  He sounded wonderful.  He took the time to talk to all his brothers and laughed with them.  He told us that he has been humbled while in the MTC.  I asked him how he was humbled.  He said that he realizes that he isn't going to get to the mission and covert all the people there.  He is going to have to rely on the spirit more and that makes him a little nervous.  Don't get me wrong.  He was super excited about going and actually getting to work.  He is ready and willing.

I asked him about his "investigator" that he mentioned and he said he met her while he was in the "Skype Center".  He said there were about 6 missionaries going to Arcadia and a few were Spanish speaking. He was excited to meet his trainer and meet the mission president.  He told me that he needed to go because there were only 3 phones and hundreds of missionaries and he still wanted a minute to call his dad.  I told him we loved him and were praying for him and knew he would do a good job.  Then I cried.  Sheesh.  I am pretty sure that is the last time I will cry.  Pretty sure.  

Here is his "Greenie" package.  You may see a theme here.  The younger boys were complaining that Josh gets all the good stuff.  I told them that the reason I was taking pictures is so that I would remember what I had done for him so I could do it for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment