Thursday, February 26, 2015

Joy, Peace, Happiness= Gospel

Hey hey! First things first, my dearest uncle Nate, happy birthday! I still feel bad that you didn't get to go swimming after my eagle project. But it seems you got over it. Thanks.  AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY  to little superman aka Ben be jamin!

Zone conference yesterday! Sorry for the delay! Now let me tell you about our week here in the balmy 75 degrees, with rain finishing us out. So, here we begin, Tuesday, we have 16 people that we are going to visit, not one is home, not one. Some addresses didn't even exist. And the hill we had to bike up was like 3100 except 2 miles long. So I was, for some odd reason, very frustrated. 

Well we forgot about that, then the next day Wednesday, we had two set lessons and a dinner, all three called and canceled within like 15 minutes. Another bummer, we shake it off, and move on, Thursday I teach district meeting, it started out rocky but by the end God had mercy on me and I was able to help them, according to them. 

After that we tried to find more people to teach. Friday, my stress levels were so high that my neck hurt and I could barely turn my head. We had to set up the baptism and I've never done it before, the bishop is gone on
vacation, the ward mission leader is new and this was his first baptism so he didn't know, and then to top it off, I had people telling me that I was "making up" the program and that I needed to reconsider, then following that they took me to the handbook and found that I hadn't done anything wrong and they quickly apologized and asked what they could do to help. I was a little stung that they took me to the handbook but I did learn from it so it was good for me. 


Then that night I have nightmares that Matthew doesn't show up and in retribution the Baptism elves drowned me in the font constantly chanting "you failed you failed you failed" it was not a fun dream. Well we wake up and go to where we were going to wait for Matthew, and we wait, and wait and wait, 45 minutes after the set time he comes, and then, everything went perfect, no hitches, everything was ready, except that me, making a rookie mistake didn't bring a change of underwear, you could say the ride home was uncomfortable. And the water was ice. But hey, a small price for no sins. 

Same thing with taking the Sacrament every week. It's a small thing if your tired or you had a bad morning or your hair is bad or your kids are loud or the football game is on or you have had a rough week, very small indeed when you consider all the sins you committed that week being washed away. Just something to think about! Anyway the baptism went really well, and so did the confirmation the next Sunday. It was wonderful, and I finally FINALLY got to know what it was like to feel the joy of one soul coming to Christ, and it truly is great! When he came out of that freezing water and smiled the bad week stayed in the water for me too. He was so prepared and I thank our Loving Heavenly Father for choosing me to be one of the instruments in Matthews conversion, Matthew told me "thanks for pulling me out of the muck" it was nice, but I sure didn't pull him out, he pulled himself out, I just got to watch as he followed the Spirit. It was wonderful! Thanks for all the prayers in Matthews behalf, please make sure to thank Heavenly Father!!

We also had a zone conference yesterday and that went well, we had lots of prayers answered and some concerns resolved and the best part was, there was no peanut butter at lunch! I nearly cried. This is what I learned:

"Some frustrations we must endure without really solving the problem. Some things that ought to be put in order are not put in order because we cannot control them. Things we cannot solve, we must survive"

Oh my dearest family and friends, this Gospel is so true, Christ is the Redeemer, God loves us. We can change, anyone who says they can't has not asked for the enabling power of the Atonement. I was a witness to a huge miracle this week, a son of our loving Heavenly Father joined the fold. I thank our God for letting me be his instrument, I wish with all my heart all the people of the world could have seen that baptism. Please please I beg of you do not quit, do not turn away, we are doing a great work and cannot come down, there is always hope and there is always Christ, please please, my heart breaks every time someone rejects Christ's invitation, I wish they could know, they could really know there is something better. It is so much sweeter than those worldly things, those things do. Not. Matter. They do not bring real joy, and they NEVER last. But we know how to find true happiness, and we know how to get there, so please, please, please keep pushing, I cannot imagine anything worse than my friends or family turning away, and if I can't, imagine how Heavenly Father feels. Please endure. Matthew just left the world because he could see where true happiness is. Don't test it, take his word for it. I love
you all! I pray for you all every single day every second! Carry on carry on carry on!

Elder Rollins

P.S never forget underwear....never.


Tell me all about the Baptism.  It was super good! The water was really cold, and I almost dropped
him, but we survived.

How is Kai doing?  Still excited?  Still moving forward? He is doing really well! He is a happy camper that kai guy!

Is your ward supportive of these new converts?  Yes, they are wonderful!

How is the companion?  Adapting ok?  Has his Visa come through?  Do they know how long it will take? Doing well, yea, no, no idea.

Did you get some new shirts? Yes

Did you get some good lessons in this week? Not really, other than kai.

What did you teach about in District Meeting? Using technology to teach.

When did you feel the spirit this week? The Baptism!!!

How is your health? Excellente

How is your mental health? Still broken as always

Are you still laughing? Of course, in fact sister Kohnle "Grandma" told me I is the funniest guy she has met in 64 years. It was a good day!

Do you know that we love you? Yes mother


No comments:

Post a Comment