Tuesday, April 21, 2015

It's All Good in the Hood!

So transfers were today and we got a third companion since Elder Slade is leaving a week from today, Elder Taylor he came out with me so it will be cool. Anyways, this week was absolutely terrible! Everything that could go wrong went wrong, lessons canceled on a daily, crazy people that won't stop calling, it was rough, but I survived! And looking back on the week we did get to visit a lot of active members who were very appreciative of what we shared, so I feel a little bit better, but of course like usual going through the storm things always look dim, that's what happens in a storm, the clouds cover the sun, it gets dark and looks like it won't end, but when it does, the air even feels cleaner, I think of it as being like drain-o. 

Anyway I wanted to share something cool I learned, so the Nephites temples were steep right? So they actually have found that they built iron rods  to help them get up to the temple, I hope you caught the parallel but if not, let me tell you READ THE SCRIPTURES!!!!!! I know, sounds to easy, but so was looking at a snake on a stick. So how about we cut the drama and just do it. Some of us want to live forever but not actually do anything and that isn't how it works. I have a quote that I just had to share cause it's my job!

From the priesthood manual chapter 8 a talk by Ezra Taft Benson

Oh, my brethren, let us not treat lightly the great things we have received from the hand of the Lord! His word is one of the most valuable gifts He has given us. I urge you to recommit yourselves to a study of the scriptures. Immerse yourselves in them daily so you will have the power of the Spirit to attend you in your callings. Read them in your families and teach your children to love and treasure them. Then prayerfully and in counsel with others, seek every way possible to encourage the members of the Church to follow your example. If you do so, you will find, as Alma did, that “the word [has] a great tendency to lead people to do that which [is] just--yea, it [has] more powerful effect upon the minds of the people than the sword, or anything else, which [has] happened unto them.”

Well that is my shenanigans for the week! 
Love you, see you, miss you!
Elder Rollins

How are Carolina and George doing?  Doing well, they ditched us for church but called us and apologized profusely.
Did you find anyone else to talk to?  No
Are you healthy?  Yes
Are you being obedient?  Yes
(Back story: A woman from Pasadena called me this week and asked for a recipe of Josh's favorite dessert.) Did anyone make you your favorite cookies? Yes, scared me to death, she brought them out and I was like "Hey those look just like the ones I would make back home, and she was like "So I've heard, and you like pretzels and Nutella and I was like sorceress how didst thou know?  Her name is Sister Stringham and she and her husband have been married seven years and don't have kids.
Is your bike all fixed after your accident? Well it was, then a spoke broke.....
Do you need anything from us? Not currently!
How was Matthew's first week as a Priest? Good, he is a good man. No worries for him!


Don't Worry Mom,  It's All Good in the Hood



No comments:

Post a Comment