Monday, April 25, 2016

Feeling 22!

I don't know about you, but I am FEELING 22.... I feel like every time I stand up, all of my bones decide to pop. Which always makes me crave popcorn, not a good pattern! 22 is ancient!  Oh but let me tell you about this crazy week, oh yes.

So we had a good start with the temple, then we got accused of stealing! It was great! All for helping move, something gets lost, it's the elders, so I got to spend a night in jail! It was great! Ok I lied, no jail. But we did get a police report, so now I'm trying to think of a good criminal duo nickname. Haven't got any yet... But I'll let you know! Also big exciting thing that happened this week was Gladys Knight came to our mission and we had a huge missionary effort on Friday!   It was great! I had no idea who she is, nor have I heard any of her songs! But while she was singing I did feel a sudden urge to pack up in the middle of the night and go to Georgia.... πŸš‚ No idea where that came from. She sang all of these gospel songs and people were standing up and clapping and shouting amen and hallelujah! It was great, did I mention it was in one of our chapels? Oh yeah, I wish church was like that sometimes.   But the way it is now is better. More spiritually in tune. There were tons of people there. It was pretty good, she brought a choir with her called Saints Unified Voices (SUV) there were some talented singers in that group! So that was really exciting! We had quite the adventure!

The rest of this week was good! We had an interview with el presidente. That was great.  He told me not to get trunky. But to be prepared to go home. I don't understand what that means. So I'm trying to do one without the other. It's working well so far!

Had some good lessons as well, John committed to pay the tithing, next we tackle the LOC ness monster. (The Law of Chastity, lovingly called Nessie) (by yours truly.) So we are excited to see him progress! He's doing really well!

So as time is winding down on the school year, I decided to leave you by  exhorting you not to forget what is Really important! And it's not games or Prom or summer or being with friends 24/7, that happiness lasts for a short time, true joy is found in keeping the commandments (one of which is educating yourself aka school) so keep them! It's better I promise, the other way ultimately destroys you. And being destroyed sucks, ask the titanic. Or the Zeppelin, or BYU, they should all be familiar with that.

Well I love all of you with all of my heart
❤️πŸ’™πŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’šπŸ’πŸ’˜πŸ’“πŸ’—πŸ’ŸπŸ’žπŸ’–πŸ’žπŸ’•❣ see? All of them! Except the broken one.
I do have to tell you one good story!

So a member asked us (as usual) if I had a girl waiting for me! And I said of course! and it went like this
Me: yeah she's the best!
Member: what is she like?
Me: well she is a little shorter than me, she always tells me she
loves me, she likes Reese's, she sends me packages etc etc....
Member: ah! What's her name?
Me: Kelli,with an "I"
Member: ahhh.  are you going to get married
Me: ew no, she's already married.
Member: confused* wait what? Really?
Me: yeah you can't marry your mom... Geez
Member: πŸ˜‘   Not funny. Not funny.
Me: hehehehehe

Love you Mom!


Elder Rollins


Thank you for loving your old Mom.  I needed your funny stories today!  I'm glad you've accepted your age! Well done!

At least my bones don't crack!  That is a really old old person! That's just hard work, I calculated that we do 90 hour work weeks..... 

What are the newest injuries to your poor body? I stubbed my toe last night....

How is Edgar? Is he doing well?  Edgard gets the priesthood next week! 

Did you feel the spirit this week?  Sure did.  When? At the Gladys knight fireside! 

No comments:

Post a Comment